|Map Reference - TG105148|
|Runways 3 concrete, "A" layout|
Opened in 1941 as a sattlelite to Swanton Morley the RAF operated Blenheim, Boston, Hudson and Mitchell light bombers. In 1943 Attlebridge was closed to extend the runways. It reopened as USAAF Station 120 and became home to the 446th Bomber Group (The Flying Decks) until the end of the war. The RAF then used the base as a Maintenance Unit until it was disposed of in 1959. It is now used for Bernard Matthews turkey sheds.
Fox, George H (1991) 8th Air Force Remembered Buy it
Freeman, R (1992)Airfields of the Eighth - Then and Now Buy it
446th Bomb Group
Richard Flagg's photos of Attlebridge